FESTIVAL OF FLAVOR: Dishing it up in Foley
Beer, Food and Football – three of life’s most delectable pleasures! The Festival of Flavor delivers all three along with a lot of delicious fun. Saturday, October 7 is the date for the 2017 event on the streets of Old Towne Foley. READ MORE
POLO AT THE POINT: Hat Parade and more!
On October 15, the fun rides in with Polo at the Point at the Sonny Hill Clearwater Polo Complex in Point Clear. It comes in the form of galloping horses, fancy hats, gourmet cuisine, champagne, tailgating and garden parties, all part of the rich tradition of a world class polo match and a must-attend fall events. LEARN MORE
REGIONAL VIEW: Alabama Coastal Birdfest
Birds of a feather will be flocking together for the ultimate bird lover’s festival, the 14th Annual John L. Borom Alabama Coastal BirdFest on October 4-7. Grab your binoculars and join us for a weekend of bird-watching delights. READ MORE
Food as sport at the World Food Championships! In Orange Beach November 10 – 12, more than 400 professional chefs and home cooks will compete for the ultimate food crown and a share of $300,000.
Sure, that prize money is nice, but the World Food Championships also serve as a springboard for many future culinary stars. Since it started in 2012 the competition has helped to launch 30 TV food stars and the cumulative prize money has totaled more than $1.5 million. In food terms, that’s a lot of cheddar!
Throughout the multi-day event you can drool over events for BBQ, burgers, bacon, chili, seafood, dessert and more. Check out the schedule and plot your course.
Caption: Food as sport makes us all winners at the World Food Championships. Photo courtesy of Gulf Shores & Orange Beach Tourism.
A shopping trip that comes with bragging rights? You can get your boast on when you discover Foley’s Bargain Hunter’s Thrift Trail.
It’s that smile on your face when you find the right size at the consignment shop. A brand name for a bargain price. It’s getting that must-play game for your kids without breaking your entertainment budget. It’s getting lost for hours among rows and rows of books. And it’s a flea market where you never know what you’ll find and that’s the whole point of going.
Find all these and more in Foley on the Bargain Hunter’s Thrift Trail.
OPA! Are your taste buds ready to travel? Mobile’s Greek Fest will take them on a flavor excursion October 19 – 21 at the Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church.
As you browse the shops you’ll be greeted with the tempting aromas of gyros, souvlaki, spanakopita, pastitso and more. Don’t worry if you can’t pronounce it all. Just point and enjoy. But save room for dessert at the pastry shop with baklava, kataifi, koulourakia and many more sweet treats.
Thirsty after all that great food? The Fest features Greek coffee, beer and wine. There’s a reason we say OPA! It’s to celebrate life!
29TH ANNUAL JUBILEE FESTIVAL OF ARTS
Celebrate art with the enthusiasm of a Mobile Bay Jubilee! The 29th Annual Jubilee Festival is September 23-24 in Daphne. READ MORE
More than 50 artists will gather for the Dauphin Island Art Trail on October 14. Spread across 10 locations, it is your chance to discover amazing local talent and even win prizes.
The Trail will feature popular artists including Joe Sheffield, Dena McKee, Kathy Jones, Stig Marcussen, Sue Cox, Eliza Coral, Audie Stanfill Jr., Freddie Blache and Jimmy Stroud. If you are familiar with their works, you know you are in for a treat. If you don’t know their work, this is a great event to learn about a lot of artists.
Free shuttle rides will help you get to the locations. And the shuttle stops at the Ferry, making a visit from the Fort Morgan side of the bay very convenient. Learn more on the Trail’s Facebook page.
Autumn means it is time to enjoy cooler temps and the great outdoors. One of the best ways to explore Coastal Alabama is by kayak, and one of the best areas is North Baldwin County.
As you paddle along you can see rare and endangered plants and animals as you navigate the cypress-tupelo swamps, rivers, streams and bayous. Land-based and floating platform campsites are available for those looking for an extended experience.
Learn more from the North Baldwin Chamber of Commerce.
- September 14, 21, 28 October 5, 12, 19, 26 Brown Bag by the Bay, Daphne
- September 14-16: The Wharf Uncorked Wine & Culinary Event, Orange Beach
- September 15, 22, 29 Catt’s Brown Bag Concerts, Fairhope
- September 16: The 2nd Annual Massacre Island on Dauphin Island
- September 16: Alabama Coastal Cleanup, multiple locations
- September 16: C Spire Concert Series presents: Eric Church Holdin’ My Own Tour, Orange Beach
- September 19, 26 Tea for Two, Fairhope Museum of History
- September 21: Art into Words, Gulf Shores
- September 23: BARC presents Hounddog Music Fest 2017, Silverhill
- September 23-24: 29th Annual Jubilee Festival of Arts, Daphne
- September 23-24: Mobile Symphony Presents Firebird
- September 24-30: Mobile Fashion Week
- September 29, October 27: Last Friday Art Night, Dauphin Island
- September 29-October 1: 1065 Music Festival
- September 29-October 31: Thriller Nights of Lights, Mobile
- September 30: Delta Dash, Stockton
- October 3-31: Through The Artist’s Eyes: Exploring our Places, Foley Art Center
- October 4-7: 14th Annual John L. Borom Alabama Coastal Birdfest, multiple locations
- October 7, November 4: Gulf Coast Art Alliance Art Market, Waterway Village, Gulf Shores
- October 7: Tour de Foley, OWA
- October 7: Festival of Flavor, Foley
- October 7-8: USS ALABAMA Living History Crew Drill, Mobile
- October 12-15: 46th Annual National Shrimp Festival, Gulf Shores
- October 13-15, 20-22: “Little Shop of Horrors,” South Baldwin Community Theatre, Gulf Shores
- October 13-15, 20-22, 27-29: Theatre 98 “The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee,” Fairhope
- October 14: Dauphin Island Art Trail
- October 15: 29th Annual Polo at the Point, Point Clear
- October 19-21: Greek Fest, Mobile
- October 20: Haunted Forest Trail Walk, Graham Creek, Foley
- October 20: Down in the Delta Fall Market, Bay Minette
- October 22: Dia de la Raza 2017, Foley
- October 22: Woofstock, Mobile
- October 26: Uptown Halloween, Foley
- October 28: The Original German Sausage Festival, Elberta
- October 28: Halloween at the Exploreum, Mobile
- October 28: Boo at Bellingrath
- October 29-November 5: 2017 SEC Women’s Soccer Championship, Orange Beach
- November 3-4: 10th Annual Oyster Cook Off and Craft Beer Weekend at The Hangout, Gulf Shores
- November 4: Wells Fargo Senior Bowl Charity Run, Mobile
- November 4-22: 54th Annual Fall Outdoor Cascading Chrysanthemums, Bellingrath Gardens
- November 9-12: 5th Annual Fairhope Film Festival
- November 9-19: 33rd Annual Frank Brown International Songwriters’ Festival, multiple locations
- November 10-12: World Food Championships, The Wharf, Orange Beach
- November 11: Stockton Sawmill Days